Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Will I have time for this blogging thing?

So my plan is to blog and have it coinside with the pictures I post on Picasa. Now I just have to figure out how to do that. So my first entry was short and sweet. Let's see if I can do a little better this time. August went by very fast. The month started with a visit from our Ohio friends, the Kloekers. It was a fun visit, I just wish our trip to Lake Michigan beach was a little nicer. The waves and winds were fierce that day. It didn't stop anyone though the beach was packed.

The following weekend I played in my first Gus Macker. We were stomped our first game (I think those girls won the tourney). Our second game we should have one, but didn't. So that sent us to the toilet bowl bracket. We won our first game on Sunday and played a team who had fresh legs for the toilet bowl championship. A last second shot by Jaymie put us into overtime, but we lost. It was the first team to score won, and they started with the ball. We never got it. So it was disappointing, but fun. I was a bit sore after the weekend too. http://picasaweb.google.com/lorigaier/GusMacker#

Our next weekend was the weekend I first blogged about. The camping with the Gaier's. We camped at the Monroe County KOA. For the most part we had nice weather. Chad was able to take the boys over to the Michigan Nascar time trials on Friday. I think Weston was pretty impressed the first time he saw how fast the cars were actually going around the track. We spent the rest of the weekend at the campground playing in the lake, at the playground, and at the campsite. http://picasaweb.google.com/lorigaier/GaierFamilyCamping#

The following weekend I played in a two on two beach volleyball tournament with my friend Jaymie at Holland Beach State Park. I loved it. This will be an event I will repeat each summer. We took second in our division. I think youth overtook us in the final game, they were beatable I think we just ran out of juice. It sucks getting older.

That brings us up to this past weekend. When we had a visit from Dan, Lisa, Aiden, and Michael. Michael had threw up in the car right before pulling in our driveway on Friday night. We chalked it up to car sickness. Saturday we watched the Buckeyes play, and had a driveway campfire later that night. Sunday we took the kids to the zoo. It was pretty hot this weekend. So the zoo was steamy. We came back home and let the kids play with the blowup pool and slip and slide. Sunday was a relaxing evening as the kids were wiped out and were able to go to bed early. Dan, Lisa and kids headed out on Monday after a stop at our favorite breakfast joint, the Monterey Grill. Then at 7:30 Monday night Weston threw up. I guess it wasn't car sickness. He was starting Kindergarten the next day. Cambria then caught it and was throwing up yesterday morning and again this morning. Weston did go to School yesterday. He was too excited not to. Chad has also been not feeling well. I've been a little queasy but not bad, and Maddox has seemed to avert it. Thanks alot Michael:). From what I hear it is going through their family as well. http://picasaweb.google.com/lorigaier/LaborDayWeekend#

So lastly Weston started Kindergarten yesterday. He was so excited. His teacher this year is Mrs. Rylaarsdam. He's going in the morning this year, which is an adjustment from last year's afternoon class. But I think it will be nice in the mornings. Maddox starts preschool next week. http://picasaweb.google.com/lorigaier/WestonSFirstDayOfKindergarten#

No comments: